Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fire Burns Pt. 2


 I know I had you guys comment on that post what you wanted next but I totally forgot that I said I wanted 7 comments on Way More Than a Hype Man Pt. 2 before I posted Pt. 3. So you'll have to wait :) You're 2 comments away. Enjoy ^_^

            It had been 2 weeks since Dominic and Nicki had broken up. He called a few times but she hadn’t answered. She barley left her house. Safaree had been with her each second, each minute, and each hour since Dominic was forced out of Nicki’s home that day. She was trying to get over it slowly but a part of her still had love for him. Safaree was doing all he could to comfort her but he still wanted to find the right time to tell her how he really felt. He wanted to make it special, he would tell her over dinner or take her out for ice cream. The hard part was getting her out of the house. She didn’t wanna leave. She never even left her bedroom.
            It was Saturday of the 2nd week since Dominic and Nicki broke up. Safaree headed to Nicki’s room to see if she was up and hungry or ready to start the day. Safaree opened the door and she wasn’t in bed so he knew she was at her window starring at the beach view outside her window. Safaree stood watching her for a moment then he spoke.
“Nic, are you hungry? I can go –”
“No”
“I didn’t even get to finish my sentence”
“No, Safaree, I’m not hungry. Thank you though” Nicki said as she turned around giving him a smile and returning her attention back to the window. Safaree saw she wanted to be alone and headed downstairs. Nicki had been doing this every morning since she and Dominic broke up. She could always think well when it was bright outside and she first woke up. Safaree always tried to get her to eat something but she always skipped breakfast he couldn’t get her to eat until around 2:00pm.
            It was nearing the afternoon and Nicki got up from the window seat in her bedroom and headed downstairs. Safaree was shocked at this because he always had to go get her. She headed to the kitchen to get her food off the counter Safaree made it routine to already have it after he checked to see if she wanted breakfast in case she wanted something around lunch or before. Nicki took the food and sat at the bar in her kitchen and began eating her salad and sandwich from Panera Bread. Safaree sat staring at her eat her food. He was gonna speak, but he waited for her.
“Safaree, I know you have something to say about me coming out of my room on my own so go ahead”
“I wasn’t gonna say anything Nic” Safaree obviously was lying.
“Whatever, I hope you don’t think this is gonna get me out of the house”
“You’ll have to get out of the house someday. That day is definitely today” said Safaree.
“Um, no it’s not”
“Yes it is, finish eating, go upstairs and get dressed. You have no say, I won’t let you sit in this house and waste beautiful sunny days over some dick” said Safaree.
Nicki was shocked he was telling her what to do. It was the other way around most of the time. She didn’t feel like arguing, she knew she have to go get ready because if not Safaree would’ve probably done it for her. She finished some more of her food then set it up for later. She headed to her room and pulled out a pink, orange, and yellow floral Juicy Couture romper, orange Michael Kors sandals, a sun hat and her shades and headed back down the steps to see Safaree siting on the couch waiting.
“Where are we headed first big head?” asked Nicki.
“Surprise, but I’m glad you’re wearing sandals” answered Safaree.
“Ugh, so we’ll be walking around?”
“Yes Nicki”
            Safaree’s plan for the day was simple, but cute and romantic. He would take her out for ice cream, then they’d go for a stroll on the beach, by that time he would’ve had Nicki tired out so they’d lay down in the sand and Nicki would’ve worked up and appetite. So he’d end the night by having a beach picnic brought out to them by a local restaurant and there he’d spill his feelings for her.
“Well, let’s go then Safaree” said Nicki giving a genuine smile. She was excited to get out of the house. She was even more excited that it was with Safaree and he actually cared enough to plan a whole day for her so she wouldn’t keep wasting time dwelling on the previous negative events that took place in her life.
            The couple arrived at Maggie Moo’s. He was going to take her to Cold Stone but he thought Maggie Moo’s would be better considering Nicki was into cute little stuff. They walked to the counter and Nicki looked over the ice cream flavors. She chose vanilla, a simple flavor so it wouldn’t taste bad with her toppings. She topped it with almonds, gummy worms, and cookie crumbs. Safaree just got a simple with sprinkles. He paid the cashier and they headed to the beach. They started at the end and strolled to wear the restaurant was.
“It’s so pretty outside” stated Nicki.
“I know it’s not too hot either” added Safaree. It was now nearing 5pm.
“I love it out here. So happy we live right on the beach too, it’s so relaxing out here…” said Nicki.
“Hey, do you mind if we pop a squat? My feet hurt” said Nicki.
“I’ll carry you, hop on” Safaree bent down and Nicki hopped on his back. He wanted to get closer to the restaurant that was delivering them their dinner. Once they were there it was now around 5:30. They sat and finished up their ice cream and Safaree rented a blanket for them to sit on. They sat and talked for almost an hour.
“Thank you” said Nicki turning her head to Safaree.
“For what Nic?” asked Safaree as he chuckled and turned to face her.
“For today…for everything really, you’ve helped me through a lot of tough times and this was probably one of the toughest yet. Thank you for caring” said Nicki as she reached up and pecked Safaree’s cheek. Then sat up and watched the waves.
“You hungry Nic?” asked Safaree.
“I mean, yeah sure. What ya got planned?” asked Nicki.
“Stay right here” Safaree got up and called the restaurant. They brought the food out and laid it in front of the couple.
“Dig in” said the waiter.
            Nicki and Safaree began eating the food. Safaree ordered them a buffet of foods to choose from. By the time dinner started being finished the waiters came out and got the picnic basket and Safaree took Nicki’s hand and they lay out and looked up at the stars. It was getting darker.
“I love you Nic” said Safaree.
“I love you to Beezy” said Nicki.
“Yeah, I know. I know. But you don’t know the love I’m referring to here” said Safaree.
“Ah…” said Nicki sitting up and starring at the tide wash up on the sand.
“Nic, listen. I’ve been trying to hold my feelings in and set them aside to keep our friendship together. But it’s like after all that shit happened with Dominic…I can’t do that anymore. You need to be with someone who will treat you right and care for you. You don’t understand how much it hurt me to see you hurt. I want to treat you how you should be treated; I want to be able to hold you the way I want when you’re in pain. I want to be able to kiss your little lips and distract you from the outside world…” Safaree reached for Nicki’s lips and stroked it with his thumb.
“…I want to be the one for you. I need to be the one for you. I can be the one for you. I can love you the way you need to be loved if you just let me. Let me try…”said Safaree still lying on his back.
“Safaree…shh…Safaree I, I understand all that. I genuinely do & I appreciate all the love and concern you have for me and my wellbeing but right now just is not the time for me to think about another relationship. I’m still numb and hurting from the last one. I’ve never been cheated on and I’ve never been this hurt in a relationship since Khaliff died when I was 10. Thank you for the kind words, I’m not saying I don’t wanna be with you, I’m not saying I do either. I’m not saying I won’t give us a shot, I’m not saying I feel the same way either. I just…I don’t know” Nicki began to break down. Safaree quickly began holding her.
“Shhh…it’s okay Nic”
“No it’s NOT! I’m an emotional wreck. Safaree I don’t even know what I want right now. I just want you to hold me and tell me you’ll never leave my side or do anything to hurt me”
“Of course no Nic, I love you too much to do anything to hurt you. I dish out nothing but love for you”
“Safaree thank you for always being there for, I say it all the time but I truly am grateful I met you, I love you so much”
“I love you so much more Nic…c’mon. Let’s get home” the storm clouds began closing in and the heard rattles of thunder and a drizzle.
“It’s a shame such a beautiful day ended ugly” giggled Nicki as she and Safaree headed down to the other end of the beach. The rain picked up. So Safaree picked up Nicki. The couple darted down the beach through the mushy wet sand to the other side where Nicki’s condo resided. By the time they reached the condo they were soaking wet. Nicki walked through the front door of her home and immediately started taking the wet clothes off so she wouldn’t get anything on her carpet. She wiped her feet on the mat and was left in her bra and underwear she headed straight for her shower and got cleaned up. Safaree was as confused as ever. But he’d wait for Nicki. He stripped too and left his wet clothes at the door and headed for the hall restroom. He showered too. Nicki got out before him and already started dressing. Safaree walked out of the shower then into his room to get changed. Nicki was already in her living room on her couch curled up with a pink Hello Kitty blanket. Safaree came and saw her dozing off on the couch with her feet uncovered. He pulled the blanket in attempt to move it over Nicki’s small size fives but he woke Nicki up in the process.
“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to wake you Nic”
“I wasn’t exactly asleep yet. Come lay with me” said Nicki as she patted the spot next to her on the couch. Safaree climbed behind her and wrapped his arms around her stomach. The two slowly drifted into a slumber in anticipation for what the next day should hold.
So what did ya think? *bats lashes* Fire Burns Pt. 3, maybe? If I get some inspiration. All the stuff for this post just came to me I didn’t think much I just typed what came to mind so tell me what you think with a comment or mention me on twitter. @OnikaTaughtMe 

1 comment:

  1. Girl have u ever heard of a story that has 3 parts???? *blinks hysterically*

    ReplyDelete