Sunday, August 19, 2012

Nic Maraj - Teaser.


      Here is your teaser post thingy. It's not edited so I'm sorry. The full thing is done and after I edit it I'll put the rest up.

I remember it like it was just yesterday…I was walking down the street to the subway in Manhattan spitting a 16 to CJ, I had dreams of being a rapper someday. But, he never got to hear the rest because I got distracted by this girl who bumped into me. She seemed like she was in a rush running down the steps to catch the Q train to Flatbush. On the way she seemed to have dropped something that looked like a notebook. So, I picked it up and I ain’t really wanna look through it so I read the cover, it read: Nic Maraj. I was guessing that was her name. I then tried running after her. I looked around the platform and saw her rushing onto the train, so I darted in there after her. I looked around and there wasn't a seat in sight. Good thing the next stop she didn't get off I looked around the subway and found her, I stood in front of her and she looked up at me with the rudest expression on her face. Then she spoke:


“What do you want?” She said looking up at me then looking back down.

“You dropped something outside…” I replied, she started going through all her stuff searching for what I had.

“Give it back.” She simply stated in a tone neither nice nor rude.

“Ouch…I’d be nice to someone who had something of yours that’s been nothing but nice to you…”

“I don’t even know you…so give me my book back and we can get on with our lives” I didn’t want this to be the last time I saw her so the train stopped at the next stop, I slipped her my number and ran off just in time for the door to close. I called up CJ and let him know what just went down, I left him in Manhattan and I was now one stop before Flatbush. I hopped right back on the Manhattan bound train to get him.

            I remember getting a call as soon as I got home so I figured this little book was important, I still hadn’t opened it yet. Our conversation was pretty straight forward:

“It’s the girl from the train, I need my book and I’d like it ASAP please”

“Can I get your name first”

“My name is Onika but everyone calls me Nicki, anything else?”

“Well, my name is Aubrey but I go by Drake, thanks for asking.”

“Isn’t that a girl’s name…?”

“No, it’s unisex thank you. But here’s how you’ll get your book back”

“Black mail? Oh wow, what are we 14?”

“Why are you so angry, what’s so important about this book?”

“If you MUST know Aubrey, it’s my raps”

“You write and rap? Wow, so do I. We’ve got something in common”

We were in silence for quite a while when she spoke again...

“So…what do you want from me? A quick hit? Cause I’m not like that. Money? Don’t have much of that”

“It’s not even like that…I wanna get to you know, know you better…”

“For what, I’m nothing special at all really, my life is in shambles, it’s always been in shambles”

“…I don’t know, we can go to wherever you’d feel most comfortable”

“Do you like west Indian food…?”

“If you do, I do. We’ll meet on the subway at the stop?”

“It’s a spot I go to in Queens, just get off the train at the stop I’ll be outside”
“When are we doing this?”

“Tomorrow…I don’t have to work so we’ll do it tomorrow”

“So…we walking to this place?”

“No, I have a car we’ll take. See you then Aubrey.” *click*

I called her back, she hadn’t told me the time and she called me Aubrey, I figured on purpose.

“Yes, Drake?” – I guess not.

“You didn’t say a time…”

“7:00 get on the subway to Queens, be outside around 8”

“Oh…okay”

            I was looking forward to seeing her…she seemed like my ideal type of girl…I don’t know how that was possible without me even knowing her yet. But I wanted to get to know her and keep getting to know her…

2 comments:

  1. Yoooo. Im Lovingg Thiss Soo Far. Its actually quite interesting. Drake think he slick thoo. Slippin her his number then runnin out the subway. Cant wait for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy! I need the rest like soon! This was amazing. Post soon!

    ReplyDelete