Saturday, August 4, 2012

Thinkin' Bout You Pt. 3



"Drake come on we're gonna miss our flight"

Nicki hadn't allowed Drake the opportunity to meet her family yet so they were going over there for dinner. Shortly after Nicki called, Drake came down the steps with 3 LV bags, 2 were Nicki's.

"I would've been faster if you could carry your own luggage"

"Babe...I just got my nails done. Sorry, gimme kiss" Nicki puckered her lips. Drake kissed her and handed her the smaller bag. Nicki put it on her wrist and they headed for the airport.

Once on the flight they got settled first class. Nicki was putting her phone on airplane mode when she noticed some girl looking over her trying to look at Drake in the window seat. He wasn't paying her any attention though.

Nicki POV

I could feel someone staring at Drake and I and it was really bothering me. I glimpsed over and the girl looked familiar. Like the girl from the Find Your Love video he did. The bitch in me wanted to cuss her out but I decided not to give her any of my attention.

But then that bitch started screaming Drake's name.

"Drake!? Is that you?" Drake removed his Beats and turned to her direction and caught my glare.

"Who? Maliah? Hi...."

"Why you acting like I'm some stranger?"

"You are a stranger to me now, treated me like dirt a few years back if you don't remember..."

"Well you wanna show off cause you got a new chick Drake? You can say hi"

"You just want something...or you wouldn't be talking to me. Bye Maliah"

I started smiling then next thing I hear is this girl shouting in my face.

"You must think you're fucking cute! Got Aubrey wrapped around your little finger huh? You're a nobody!"

And she must think being a stripper/video girl is being somebody important. I just laughed at her.

"Girl you don't faze me. Sit back in your seat and enjoy your flight, okay?"

I turned around and she had stopped. I laid my head on Drake to fuck with her and I drifted off to sleep.

-------

The flight was going well. I slept most of it and when I woke up, Drake was already up and I guess that girl got a new seat. Probably was supposed to be in coach. I smiled to myself. The plane had told us to strap on our seat belts and get ready for landing.

Once we arrived in NY at LaGuardia Airport my brother Jelani was waiting for us there so we wouldn't have to rent a car. We hurried to the car Drake was covered up so we wouldn't be spotted even though he hated doing that. Just as we were 5 feet from the car I could hear camera flashes and shouting. Looks like it didn't work at all.


Once in the car Jelani didn't hesitate to grill Drake. Not before saying Hi to his little sister of course. "How you been Onika? Haven't seen you in months"

"I've been good Lani, missed the fam, if I had money I'd fly over here every weekend but I don't have a job yet."

"Drake...."

"Lani shutup you know I don't depend on guys. Gifts are fine but I'd much rather hold my own"

Drake looked nervous as hell sitting in the back seat next to me. He was staring out the window.

"Drake...ayo pretty boy" Jelani was calling him but he must've been deep in thought because I had to tap him before he snapped back into reality.

"So Drake...how'd you meet my sister? She hasn't told us anything except she was moving in with you"

"Lani...." I started.

"Nah, it's okay Nic...um, we met when she went up to T-dot in the airport out phones kinda got switched. I invited her to my moms and we kept in touch. I came to NY and got the opportunity to see her again. I told her I'd be going to L.A. In a few weeks to head home and since we were dating I decided I wanted to make it official so she moved in..."

"So you are the reason my little sis left..."

"Jelani, no I made the decision myself, he just offered"

"Ok...done with that. Why'd you fall for her?"

"Her smile...then her eyes, she could lock me in a stare for hours with those eyes and her open mindedness, her free spirit, but her toned down personality is even better. The way she looks gorgeous without having an ounce of makeup on or the way her humor could brighten my whole day. Her body is just a plus if you were gonna say something about that next" Drake answered.

This was gonna be a long drive to Long Island.

We pulled up at my mother’s home. Jelani didn't live there but he was staying for dinner. When I opened the front door Drake not too far behind me with some of the luggage I dropped what I had to the floor and hugged my little brother Micaiah. He was playing with a friend. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed Drake standing behind me.

"Yo, Drake's in your house!!"

"Yes...he's my sisters boyfriend. That I'm just now meeting" Cai said. Moving me out of the way and glaring up at Drake.

"Nice to meet you...Aubrey" Cai said putting the emphasis on Aubrey.

"Hey little man" Drake tapped him on the head.

"Cai we can talk at dinner or later own. We wanna go get settled upstairs."

I took Drake's hand and directed him to my room which was now made into a guest room but all my old stuffed animals Cai took from me were still in there stacked on the window seat.

"Aww." Drake said holding up an old picture of me. I walked over and snatched it from him...or tried to. He started reading the back out loud. "Onika Maraj, 5th grade theater play"

"Whatever happened to you and theater Nic..."

"I just I didn't feel it anymore I guess. There's still a place close to my heart for it." I drifted off and walked away.

"You were talking to your brother about a job...ever consider teaching theater classes down in Hollywood I saw an ad somewhere..."

"I mean...I don't know. It never crossed my mind. I'll get back to you babe"

"Ok...so what's on tonight's agenda?"

"Dinner...and exceptionally long dinner considering you're here, expect a lot of questions" I replied dimple shrugging and widening her eyes.

"Gotcha, and tomorrow?"

"Family zoo trip, my brothers kids, mom, dad, Caiah"

"Then the day after?"

"Early flight back to L.A."

"Okay...sounds great.”

---
Once Nicki and Drake settled in they headed downstairs to see what was up with the family. Nicki took Drake into the kitchen and her mom stood up from being hunched over at the fridge.

"Onika!" she smiled. Nicki didn't say anything to her or saw her the first 15mins they had been there. Nicki's mom sat the food she took out of the fridge on the counter and pulled her into an embrace.

"I missed you mama"

"I missed you too baby, very much"

Nicki's mom let go and directed her attention to Drake.

"You must be Drake" she smiled and hugged him before he could answer.

"My name is Aubrey, but yes I go by Drake" he smiled.

"Nice to finally meet you, I see where Nicki gets her beauty from"

"Oh boy hush up, Nicki are you going to help me cook?" Nicki’s mom smiled.

"Yes mama, one second"

Nicki guided Drake over to the living room right next to the kitchen where he sat. Jelani was upstairs in his room while Micaiah was in the living room with Drake. He sat on the couch and glared at him. Drake could feel him so he spoke.

"What's up little man"

"Why do you like my sister?"

"Many reasons..."

"It's her butt isn't it? Or her amazing smile?"

"Whoa....way deeper than looks kid"

Drake looked and saw Nicki heading there way. Thank God, he thought.

"Lambchop don't grill my boyfriend. That's daddy’s job"

"You know dad barley talks...I've got this he's a grown a...man"

"I don't care don't bug him, play Xbox or something okay"

"Fine" Micaiah turned on his game and turned away from Drake and began playing. But he wasn't done with him just yet. Once Nicki was out of sight he finished up with Drake.

Staring at the TV he spoke:

"So what is it then?"

"What's what?" Drake asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Why do you like my sister?"

"Her personality, her smile, her strength, her independence, they fact that she wants me and she doesn't NEED me, her beauty, her style, her peaceful spirit, her intelligence and wisdom, there's nothing not to like about her...You’re still young for detailed, details."

Nicki was standing not too far away and he heard everything she couldn't stop smiling from behind the wall in the hallway that led into the kitchen.

"Wow...that's sweet. Knowing you're a rapper and all that I wouldn't think to hear from you. We cool now man"

Drake chuckled. "Okay man, what you playing?"

"Madden, grab a controller"

---

Later that evening everyone settled in for dinner in the dining room. Nicki was next to Drake who was sitting next to Micaiah; across the table were Jelani, Mama Carol & Robert. Robert was at the end of the table diagonal from Nicki and Micaiah diagonal from his mother. Drake was across from Jelani.

"Everything tastes amazing Mrs. Maraj"

"Thank you honey but call me Mama or Mama Carol"

"Haha, okay Mama Carol"

"So, Drake...Nicki tells us you're a rapper?" Nicki's father starts.

"Singer, songwriter, former actor and yes more known for being a rapper"

"So...why are you interested in my daughter?"

Micaiah took the liberty of answering the question for him from previous conversation he and Drake shared. Robert glared at him and Caiah continued eating.

"That's very sweet Drake. Glad you aren't like the stereotypes attached to you men"

"Well, that's not the person I am and I am who I am first."

"I see..."

"So Drizzy...why my sister over these other girls" Jelani asked.

"Why not...I feel like I've already answered this question" The table broke into laughter.

"Well, enough about my life. How have you been? I haven't seen you guys in 4 months" Nicki said changing the subject.

"You're the one who ran away..." Micaiah said under his breath.

"Cai! Excuse yourself." Mama Carol shouted.

"Nope, Ma I'll leave." Nicki got up from the table grabbed a set of keys and headed for the door and drove off. The first person she thought to call was one of her best friends Tyesha.

"TT...where are you?"

"Same place I've been since you left."

"GOD! Why does everybody think I up and left on purpose you guys all have my number. Call me once and a while. Or be happy I found someone who actually loves me"

"Nika, no...what happened? I'm happy for you! You finally got out of NY! Where are you?"

"Driving somewhere anywhere from my mother’s house"

"Why didn't you tell me you were in town?"

"I came for the family to meet Drake we just got here. I was going to meet up with you guys before I left"

"So you left Drake with a bunch of strangers..."

"They're my family!"

"They aren't Drake's, Onika stop being so dramatic. Go back, okay?"

"Okay...thank you TT. Love you"

"Love you too..."
           
Nicki was going to take her advice and head back to her parents. Mostly for Drake, she still didn't like the tension she was feeling mostly coming from her male blood. They hadn't taken Nicki leaving without much of an advance warning too well. Especially since she left with a guy they never met.

She pulled up to the driveway and walked back through the front door. There was a commotion coming from the kitchen. Drake was nowhere to be found neither was her father.

"Mama...."

"Nika? Oh thank goodness. Don't do that again" Jelani was washing the dishes he looked over his shoulder at her.

"Lani if you have a problem, you can speak" Nicki scolded.

"Man, nobody has a problem Onika. You're the one that has a dramatic attack when people mention you walking out on us with pretty boy"

"You guys act like Drake is why I left! I wanted to leave for me. A new start see something new. It was last minute I would've told you in advanced if I could've!"

"I'm over it Nika"

"Then stop bringing it up!" Nicki turned and walked upstairs to the guest bedroom. Drake was sprawled out on the bed."

"Babe..."

"Oh, you're okay" Drake said sitting up and opening his arms wide for Nicki.

"Where'd you go?"

"I was planning on going to Queens, see some old friends. She talked me out of it"

"Who?"

"Oh, my friend TT, best friend"

"That's sweet; will I get to meet them?"

"Maybe tomorrow"

"Okay, I'm tired? How about you?"

"I am...but I'm gonna shower first dirty boy."

"Who says I won't?" Drake darted for the bathroom attached to the bedroom and locked the door.

"Drake!"

"Nope, I'm dirty body I wanna get clean. You gonna get clean with him?"

"Let me think...NO! Open the door"

"Nope!" Drake turned on the shower and began singing tunes changing the lyrics to tease Nicki.

"Fine, open up"

A few seconds later Drake turned the knob and opened the door with a seductive look on his face.

"Stop." Nicki pushed him and began stripping. She threw her shirt over her head and then her pants off her curvy thighs. She was wearing a thong and could already feel Drake staring at her. So of course she teased and gave him a little show. She took off her bra slower than usual and threw it at him which he happily caught. She then removed her thong and threw it with her clothes.

"Nicki stop teasing me" Drake dropped his towel and stepped into the shower and Nicki followed behind him.

Once finished bathing the couple cuddled into bed.

“Your family is cool…I like them” Drake said randomly while they sat in the dark in silence.

“Nic…” Drake spoke, because he hadn’t gotten a response from Nicki. He soon heard faint snoring and he smiled. He too closed his eyes to rest up for the next day.

------

"Caiah! Go wake your sister up its damn near 11:30 and I wanna get to the zoo early!" Mama Carol shouted from the bottom of the steps.

"Okay mama"

"NICKIII!" Caiah shouted from the end of the hallway.

"Caiah, take your tail on down the hall and knock on the door and get her out of bed or I'll give you something to shout in my house about" Mama Carol said walking to the kitchen to finish up breakfast.

Micaiah knocked on Nicki's door but he heard noises. He put his ear up to the door and listened.

"Hahaha, Drake stop. 5 more minutes" Drake continued tickling Nicki.

"No, we need to get up I'm telling you I heard your ma yelling"

Caiah knocked on the door once again but louder. Drake got up in boxers and a tee and opened the door.

"Mom says get up, come eat and get ready for the zoo."

"Told you Nic" Drake called back to Nicki who was getting out of the bed and wrapping herself in a robe and sliding on slippers.

"Whatever Drake, put some pants on and let’s go. Thanks lambchop"

-----

After breakfast Nicki headed to the shower and Drake got in after her. Once they were dressed they headed downstairs to see if everyone was ready it was now 12:45. Cai was sitting on the couch playing his game. Nicki plopped next to him and Drake next to Nicki.

"Ma, where Lani and the kids?" Nicki shouted to her mom.

"They're meeting us there. Now come on let's get in the car if you're ready?"

"Yup" Nicki said getting up and gesturing for Drake and Cai to do the same.

Nicki grabbed the keys off the key holder and got into the front seat.

"No, I'm driving. You and Drake in the back with Micaiah, daddy in the front" And they were off.

Nicki was busy texting old friends and Safaree about a get together tonight after the zoo before she left for L.A. in the morning.

Nic: Faree, let's go out tonight, Thembi, Lauren, Candice, TT, Shareka and Viola?

Safaree: Couple suggestions, 1) Shareka and Viola aren't in town. 2) Let's stay in? Ya know Drake...public.

Nic: Oh, yeah. Okay, where? Your house?

Safaree: No...Ham's house :)

Nic: You must be asking for Lauren to slap you. But alright. I'll let her know. See you around 7:30.

Safaree: Okay Nic.


"Who ya texting?" Drake asked curiously.

"Faree...Ma, we're going over Lauren's tonight. I want everyone to meet Drake" Nicki said trying to get off the subject of Safaree, before her mom started babbling.

"That's fine, subway or you borrowing a car?"

"I wasn't really asking permission I'ma grown woman, but the other car, not this van" Nicki chuckled.

"Ok...so how are you and Safaree?"

"Ma, what do you mean?"

"I mean you all didn't end on such good terms..."

"Mama, we're good now. Let's not talk about the past."

"Oh...okay Onika"

Drake POV

I was really getting tired of all this talk about Safaree. The nigga was cool or whatever no beef but people always were talking about Nicki and him like I was fucking missing something. I would ask Nicki but I was over whatever happened between them. I was ready to move on and focus on us.

We arrived at the zoo, the Bronx Zoo. I didn't have my security with me but I did have an old body guard that lived in the Bronx come watch things for the day. On top of that I wore glasses and a Snapback. I didn't want to ruin the family day. I have no idea why they chose something so public anyways.

As we entered the zoo, I see a little girl and a little boy with Jelani and I'm guessing his wife, waiting for us. Shortly after spotting them I see Nicki run over to them. I walked over slowly with them and my ex-bodyguard behind me—but he was distant.

"Auntie Nika!!" the kids cheered hugging onto tiny Nicki in her black shell top Adidas and her Adidas shirt followed by some khaki pants, a jean jacket and a hat.

"My babies!" She gave them lots of kisses.

"Drake, come here" she gestured for me to come closer.

"This is your uncle Drake, he's a rapper" she said whispering so no one would hear her. Soon after the kids came clinging onto me. I smiled and hugged them both. They then went to greet the rest of the family while Nicki introduced me to Jelani's girlfriend Trina.

"Can we go see the giraffes? They're my favorite" the little girl smiled up at Nicki.

"Of course baby" Nicki picked the little girl up who was named Nicole and held her. She grabbed the little boy’s hand who was name Jamal and try walked a little ahead of the group. She was so good with kids...I'm positive she wanted her own, that night she told me was no joke. Maybe it was time to start thinking about her wants and needs for our future.

------

"Lauren, we'll be there in 15 minutes I'm in traffic"

"Okay, we're just waiting for you."

Nicki and I had gone back to her parents’ house after the zoo to change outfits and freshen up. Nicki put on this gold halter top with jeans and black and gold Chanel boots with no heel. I kept it simple an OVO shirt and some Jordan's with camo shorts.


We pulled up to Lauren's house. She lived in Brooklyn. Nicki parked the car and we hurried into the house before anyone spotted me. Lauren opened the door with wide teary eyes when she saw Nicki. She was a little chunky but she was just as pretty as Nicki. We walked into the house after Lauren gave Nicki an everlasting embrace and other girls came running to Nicki.

"Viola? Shareka? Safaree said you were out of town"

"Surprise! But we aren't done just yet." The girls said.

"Tweety?!" Nicki was in tears then. I just sat back next to the couch SB was sitting on, we both nodded at each other.

"So all my babies are here!? Where's Iesha?!"

"Yeah...she really isn't in town, she's moved out of NY completely." Viola answered.

"Aw...we can talk about that later. But, TT, Candice, Thembi?"

"They're in the kitchen. This way" The girls grabbed Nicki's hand and showed her to TT, Candi, and Thembi. After Nicki greeted her friends she then introduced them to me and me to them.

"TT, Tweety, Viola, Shareka, Candice, Thembi, Lauren; this is my boyfriend Drake."

"Drake, these are my best friends ever, I love them very much and I'd do anything for them as I'd do for you" Nicki was smiling all hard. I greeted then all.

"Hi, nice to meet you all. Nicki always talks about you" I said.
                                                         
“Drinks?” Candi smiled.

“Not a lot for me, I’m lightweight” Nicki was lying about that one.

“We know.” All the girls and SB said in unison.

“Drake?” Candi then asked me. Man, I loved drinking.

“I’m down.”

             The night soon winded down and we were on our way back to Nicki’s mother’s house. The night was full of alcohol, jokes and games. SB and I actually got along and Nicki’s friends actually took a liking to me. Nicki was falling asleep most of the night, she was kind of tipsy, I teased her about drinking very little and she always wanted to prove me wrong so once we arrived, Nicki plopped down on the bed and shut her eyes immediately. She wasn’t sleep right away because I heard her talking to me.

“Come on babe, lay with me, we’ve got an early flight tomorrow” I smiled and gladly accepted. 






1 comment:

  1. Damn. They went hard on Drake. But its not his fault nicki moved with him. It was her choice. But im glad there good now. And its good Drake and Safaree atleast got Along! :) Post Soon!

    ReplyDelete