Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thinkin' Bout You Pt. 4

I was being generous, you're welcome :p

One Month Later


            Nicki was cooped up in her and Drake’s L.A. home’s master bedroom. Ever since her trip to New York she’s kept in touch with her family and friends more and more. She flew a couple girlfriends out every once and a while and took them around L.A. and they got to meet a couple of celebrities.

            Currently, Drake was away at his annual OVO Fest in Toronto which took place the day before, which left Nicki home alone. She would usually travel with him but she decided to sit this one out. As Nicki was propped up in the middle of her king sized bed her and Drake would usually share watching her endless Judge Judy DVD’s she was very fond off when she received a call.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Nic. It’s SB, I’m in town and I was wondering if I could drop in?”

“Oh my God, yes! I’m bored and lonely and Drake won’t be back until tomorrow”

“Okay, cool. What are you doing?”

“Watching Judge Judy and eating caramel corn”

They sat in silence for a while.

“Well, I’m pulling in so open the gate”

            Nicki scurried down the steps of the big home and to the controls that controlled the front gate, which was also complete with a camera view of the outside. Safaree parked his rental and headed up the steps to the house.
“Faree!” Nicki shouted as she pulled her best friend in for a hug.

“So, Drizzy left you alone in this big house for a weekend?”

“Not necessarily, he told me I could come but I wanted to stay. I don’t know why, I could’ve gone to my first OVO Fest! Kind of regretting it now” Nicki said walking into the kitchen of her home.

“Oh…” Safaree replied.

“So, hungry or anything?” Nicki asked.

“No ma’am, we can head upstairs and watch your show”

“Yay!” Nicki cheered as she grabbed Safaree’s hand and lead him up the steps. She crawled into bed and patted the spot next to her for Safaree to join her.

“Take your shoes off first, playboy” Nicki joked. Safaree crawled into bed next to Nicki and Nicki slid down and relaxed a little instead of being propped up like she originally was and laid on Safaree’s arm. Some time passed and it was nearing about 10:00 at night and Safaree arrived around 8:00.


“Remember when we were like mad young and you never wanted me to talk to any guys?”

“Ha, yes, Jelani used to always say ‘you’re taking my spot’. Comedy” Safaree reminisced.

“Yes, what a corn ball, why did you always do that?” Nicki asked.

“You were so small and fragile – well in my head at least – like a little China doll and I wanted to protect you…”

“Ya def. had the hots for the kid, that’s for sure” They both shared laugh.

“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t” Safaree smirked.

“What?” Nicki asked hearing every word he just said.

“I said…uh, maybe I did, maybe I didn’t”

“Oh…” Nicki said closing her eyes.

“You going to sleep Nic?”

“No, Safaree.” Nicki lied.


            Nicki ended up drifting off to sleep, Safaree considered moving but Nicki looked to comfortable and he didn’t want to wake her. He was beginning to fall asleep himself so he didn’t hear the front door open and a drunk Drake walk through. Before they knew it he was opening up the door. He flicked on the lights and began thinking of the worst. Nicki and Safaree both opened their eyes. Nicki squinted at Drake, her eye sight was bad and she still needed to get it fixed somehow.

Before they could explain themselves Drake began yelling.

“The fuck is this shit?”

“Babe…I thought you’d be home tomorrow”

“Babe, I thought you’d be home tomorrow” Drake mocked making a face and throwing his bag to the side.

“Why, so you could have time to call up Safaree and boo love while I was away?”

“Drake…are you drunk right now?”

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. All I know is, I comeeeee home, home to find, MY girlfriend cuddled up with someone that’s not me…” Drake said slurring his words.

“Babe…you need to relax” Nicki said getting up trying to calm Drake.

            Safaree started moving while this took place to put on his shoes.

“Drake, trust me, nothing happened…I’m gonna go Nic, nice seeing you”

“Nah…nah, take her with you” Drake said gently tapping Nicki out the door of the master bedroom. She was in shock; she’d never seen Drake act this way before. At least not in front of her, or she was usually the one in the situation.

“What? Drake…please”

“Nah, boo love at wherever this nigga staying. We good”

“C’mon Nic, give him some time” Safaree said taking her down the steps by her hand to the front door. Nicki grabbed a hoodie and a pair of shoes out of the closet in the hall and headed outside.



Safaree POV


            She laid there in the bed motionless. I looked at the clock. 1:00am, it read. She had been crying the 1hr and a half we had been in my hotel room. I just sat on the chair near the window as she sat in the middle of the queen sized bed. I’d be leaving tomorrow so I had to help her figure this out whenever she was ready to talk about it. I laid back and began relaxing when I began hearing her faint cries turn into loud roars once again…I was planning on sitting there until she settled down it took longer than I thought. I went over and tried talking to her.


“Does…does…this…mean…we’re…over?” Nicki said in between sobs.

“Nic, let’s not think of the worst okay. I’ll keep you here until tomorrow because I’m supposed to be heading back to NY to get ready for something in the next coming days…”

“No…where am I gonna go? I don’t…I don’t have a job, or a place to stay”

“I was gonna take you back to Drake’s…”

“NO! I don’t wanna go back just yet. He hurt me; I thought our relationship was so much stronger than that…he knows we’re just best friends”

“Nic…he was drunk…”

“SO! That doesn’t make it right for him to assume and kick me out? Treating me like one of those strippers he used to fuck”

“I hate to say this but, Drake’s a cool guy and everything but he’s not the biggest fan of mine right now, he senses something that happened between besides the dating altercation…”

“You mean, back when, when we dated because of…? We were young what does that have to do with anything?”

“Is he the jealous type…?” Safaree asked. Nicki sat deep in thought for a moment.

“Definitely…” Nicki said.

“Bingo…there’s your answer”

“So you think…Drake is jealous because I’ve got a background with you and I’m closer with you…”

“As stupid as that might –” Safaree started before being cut off by Nicki.

“You know what? I don’t wanna talk about this anymore tonight. I’m going to bed” Nicki said before turning off the lamp on the hotel nightstand leaving the room in darkness except the glow of the TV. Safaree got up from the chair and laid at the bottom of the bed.


Drake POV

            Drink my feelings away…or at least drink until I fall asleep was the motto for the night. I didn’t want to believe that Nicki would do something like that to me because that’s not like her but something wasn’t adding up with their “friendship” I was missing something…I didn’t stress it until back in NY when her mother started talking about some shit between them in the car. Then OVO Fest rolls around and I wanted to bring her with me but that girl wanted to stay home. I’m all about making her happy so I let her stay then I come home to find her and her “best friend” all cuddled up in our bed. Shit didn’t add up so of course I start thinking the worst plus I was already drinking to celebrate another successful OVO Fest. Now I’m sitting here drowning my insides in Hennessey. I decided to get up and change. I opened my closet and realized it was hers. I don’t know what came over me but her scent was on all of them I started throwing every item of Nicki’s clothing all around my room. I barely walked over to my closet safely and I changed into some sweats and a polo tee. I look around my room and see all her stuff scattered everywhere and it was starting to depress me. Looks like I was sleeping on the couch tonight.

            I grabbed a blanket and laid on my living room couch. I looked at the clock and it read 3:07am.


Nicki POV


2 Days Later

My eyes don’t shed tears but boy the pour when I’m thinkin’ bout you.

            I was still sitting in Safaree’s hotel room 2 days after Drake kicked me out. I thought he’d call me by now then I realized I left my phone there. Every time he popped into my head I couldn’t help but cry. Safaree was getting ready to leave and head back to NY for his interview he had tomorrow morning. He ended up staying longer because I couldn’t go back yet…I stayed in the same clothes I left the house in the whole time, American Eagle hoodie and black cotton leggings with a pair of UGG boots that lack in a lot of fur considering it was summer, in California.

Safaree tried getting me out the first day but every time he mentioned Drake my heart started to ache. So he stopped, but today I just sat in bed and cried while Safaree was in the shower. I eventually stopped because I ran out of tears, I still loved Drake to death and maybe the situation was getting made bigger than it needs to be. I stared at the blank walls with my hands in my pockets waiting for Safaree to get finished.

“Nic, you ready?” I blocked him out, I could hear him perfectly though.

“Nicki!!!” He shouted.

“What…” I answered, sounding a little sassier than I needed to.

“Sorry…we gotta go my checkout is soon and I can’t afford to go over”

“Oh, I’m sorry” I said getting up out of bed and heading to the door behind Safaree he held it for me and we walked to the elevator and out to his rental car and soon on the way to Drake’s…


Drake POV
            I tried calling Nicki numerous times. I hadn’t drunk since the night I came home and I wanted to make things right with her. I spent the whole time sitting on the couch, laying on the couch or sleeping on the couch. Deep in thought, I don’t know how because I think better when I’m not sober but, I had time to figure things out.
            I was sitting up on the couch smoking from my hookah when I could hear honking. Who the fuck would be showing up out front of my house without the code to get inside? So immediately I thought…she’s back.

Nicki POV

            This was it, no turning my back now. I got out of the car and put my hands in my pockets. Safaree and I said our goodbyes and he headed to L.A.X to catch his flight back to New York. I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard some rustling and then the door opened. Drake must have been behind it because he wasn’t the first thing I saw when I walked through. I walked over to the bar stool in the kitchen and sat. We locked eyes for a while before he spoke.

“So…uh, I owe you an explanation and an apology and you also owe me and 
explanation…” He sounded so cute nervous.

“You’re more than welcome to go first.” I said, I was going to get ready to give in with his light brown eyes staring me and he cute little face.

“I don’t…I don’t get you and Safaree…I always feel like there’s something left out, like I’m missing something…so I guess when I saw you guys last night I kinda went off. I felt like he was always closer to you…I thought that you didn’t come with me to the OVO Fest so you could be with him…it all sort of added up…plus, I was drunk. I was planning on coming home and being nodded but things took a turn for the worst”


“Welp...first I think you need to get it through your head that Safaree and I are just friends, we’re so close of friends that, that little boyfriend thing is common misconception. I do want to tell you this, to get any of your assumptions out of the way. A few years back, Safaree and I tried the whole relationship thing, after I got out of a really bad relationship where I ended up getting my heart broken so bad, I mean really bad, I wanted to kill him. Safaree was always there for me, then about a month after I still wasn’t over it, so I used him…I needed some comfort, he asked me out and I said yes, then we began dating. But then one day…I just left, Safaree lived in BKLYN and I lived in Queens, he knew where I stayed but I told him I didn’t wanna see him. Years later we met up again and we eventually got that relationship back as friends, then I left again a few years after…with you. Second part of the explanation, I just wanted to see my best friend, you weren’t here and I was regretting not going, Safaree called and asked if he could drop by, he was planning on leaving that night but I fell asleep and he almost did…” Nicki explained.

“Wow…I’m so sorry Nic, so sorry. I can’t quit you…I’ve been miserable without you here, the first night was the worst then I stopped drowning myself in liquor and I remained sober and gave myself some time to think a little bit clearer…I hate how I handled the situation and you don’t deserve that shit” Drake said.

“I love you Aubs…a lot, forever” Nicki said smiling. The couple began walking to each other and Drake pulled her in an embrace.

“I love you more Nika, a lot, forever” Drake spoke burying the bottom half of his face in Nicki’s hair and taking in her scent, when they pulled apart Nicki kissed his lips and they fell back onto floor in an attempt to walk without breaking the kiss. Nicki laughed on Drake’s chest.

“Don’t ever leave my side…no matter what happens don’t leave me. I can’t go on long without you” Drake spoke as he got locked in Nicki’s eyes.

“I promise babe…”

----

A tornado flew around my room before you came, excuse the mess it made.
“Well, I wanna get in the shower I’m not gonna lay on my back on this floor and listen to you breathe any longer” Nicki laughed and got up and headed for the steps.
“Oh shit” Drake said under his breath as he got up and saw Nicki reach the top of the steps. When he got up he walked up behind her.

“I…I can explain Nic”

“You…you didn’t sleep in here?” Nicki asked noticing the bed and how the blanket was exactly how she left it.

“Yeah…I can’t sleep here without you when the bed is meant for the both of us…I slept on the couch…but uh, do you see the clothes all over the place”

“Oh yeah I see it…I’ll take care of that later…why are they on the floor?”

Drake rubbed the back of his neck with his palm. “I was angry, all I could smell in the closet was you so I threw it all out then all I could smell in the room was you so I slept downstairs”

“Why downstairs? There’s like a zillion bedrooms in this house” Nicki laughed.

“I don’t know…I was very drunk I didn’t know what I was doing half the time, I can still taste Hennessey in my mouth” Drake said sitting down on the bed.

“Yeah babe, I could taste it…but although I do forgive you I can’t let you back in so easily…” Nicki said gazing around the room at her things in every nook and cranny.
“What do you mean?” Nicki walked over to the bed and sat down next to Drake and looked him in the eyes.

“I mean…we need to work on our trust…I know you were drunk and everything but that doesn’t make what went down any better”

“What do you suggest doing?” Drake asked.

“I don’t know…but we really need to work out it. I’ll figure something out…”


Later

            Nicki and Drake were cuddled up in their bed, Nicki had finished cleaning up her clothes and placing them back were they belonged. They were watching one of Nicki’s favorite movies of all time, Gladiator.

“Babe…” Nicki started.

“Hmm?” Drake responded.

“I was thinking about that acting thing you told me about and I was considering it…If we could go get some more info on it that’d be great. What happened was kind of a wakeup call, I hate depending on men for anything. It’s nice of you to get me started over here but it’s been months I wanna make my own money just in case there comes a time where I need to hold my own…ya know”

“Nothing is wrong with that Nic…that’s why I actually got you an application” Drake said smiling and going to get it off his dresser.

“Wow Drake…” Nicki dryly chuckled.

“It’s only 3 days a week and you get to pick the days, but you get paid 50$ an hour…you work 4 hours a day, I don’t know which position you’ll get because they have to figure that out once they go over this shit” Drake said holding up the application in front of Nicki, she grabbed it and looked it over.

“I’ll fill it out tomorrow…what do you have planned?” Nicki asked.

“Studio…I’ve only got a little bit of stuff to finish up…then I gotta sit on it –”

“Pauz” Nicki said cutting Drake off.

“Yeah that…I gotta sit and think a little then we gotta figure out a date then we’ll drop the album…”

“Well, I’m excited for you babe but I’m very exhausted. So I’m gonna get some rest, okay?” Nicki said pecking his lips and turning around. Drake turned off the TV and turned in in the same direction as Nicki and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist.

“I love you so much…” He said into her hair about 10mins later. Expecting not to get a reply but getting one anyway.


“I love you too baby”

Comments please! Even if it's just one word! :p


1 comment:

  1. Thankss Sooooooooo Much for posting. I live for This Story. But noo. Drake Overreacted, i get he was drunk but that was still no excuse to kick her out. Ecspecially if he thinks nicki amd Safaree have a thing, he pretty much almost pushed her into safarees arms. Safaree thoo, is Such a good friend, being there for her when drake was being a douche. But im glad they made up. And shes right. He shuda trusted her. And he three her shit everywhere? He shuda be the one cleanin that up. Again, im glad they made up. And im soo glad shes doin somethig for herself and is gonna start acting instead of Depending on drake. Cause if he pulls something like that again, Safaree might not be there.

    ReplyDelete